Monday, March 3, 2008

how to tie a neck scarf

Long scarves are my favorite Spring Transition fashion accessories. They add interest, color, and texture to almost every outfit. And even the cheap ones look great. I love a light, gauzy scarf worn with a structured blazer or a drapey sweater. And who can resist the perfect contrast of a delicate scarf over an edgier piece, like a fierce leather jacket? Divine.

Thanks to some great deals at Old Navy, Urban Outfitters and J.Crew, my scarf collection grew substantially this weekend, and I can't wait to find more creative ways to integrate pattern and bright colors into my closet. 

If you've been avoiding scarves because you simply don't know how to wear them, fear not! There's no single "right way" to tie a scarf, but there is one simple technique that always works. Lloyd Boston recently showed Oprah: click here to watch.

No comments: