Friday, March 7, 2008

biker chic

I found the fiercest leather jacket in the world. 

I've been envisioning this exact jacket for about a year and a half: cropped black biker jacket, with a side zip and a wide collar. Yummy leather.  Chic as opposed to punk (because, really, who am I kidding trying to look punk?).

I was prepared to shell out a pretty penny, if and when this mythical jacket appeared in my life. I've been dutifully combing the inventory at Mario's, Barney's and Nordstrom (as well as my favorite consignment stores and vintage hot spots), and I had all but given up hope until I found it last month! My dream jacket! Hanging on a wall at Nordstrom TBD. The fit was perfect, and the price was even better ($298. For leather!).

I've been proudly sporting this jacket around town. I even wore it on NWA (even though it was about 87 degrees in the studio that day). And, I'm not kidding, every time I wear it, at least 2 people come up to me and say, "I've been looking for a jacket like that for years! Where did you get it?" 

I'll tell you: you can get it at Nordstrom.com. And--GUESS WHAT--it's even on sale now for $177.90. Rock on.

No comments: