Friday, February 8, 2008

that's rich

Anyone who knows me well*, knows that my love of bath & beauty products is surpassed only by my love of chocolate. 

So, you can imagine how delighted I was yesterday when Northwest Afternoon took me to the Northgate Gene Juarez (which, incidentally is where I get my hair done every 4 weeks) for a special Valentine's Day gift idea segment featuring their new chocolate-themed treatments and services.

I highly recommend the Massage de Chocolate and the Triple Chocolate Pedicure. Apparently, topically-applied chocolate has amazing heath benefits: antioxidant-rich chocolate helps protect skin from free radicals, exfoliates to increase moisture and smoothness, and works to decrease redness from dry, flaky skin. Chocolate's aroma is also said to decrease stress.

As if I needed multiple reasons to get on board with this idea! Please, you had me at "chocolate."

Also hopping on the cocoa treatment bandwagon: my favorite pedi-parlor Julep, near U-Village. I'm booking my Ultimate Chocolate Experience Pedicure this weekend, and I encourage everyone to treat themselves (and their friends) to a little sweet pampering this Valentine's Day.

*And no one knows me better than my best friend KIM LODDEKE, who wanted to see her name printed in this blog. Happy Valentine's Day, Kim! 

No comments: